In preparation of this little man arriving, one of my favorite things to do so far is build up his library. I have been fortunate to get some of the baby book staples from people like "Runaway Bunny" and more, but I've been on the hunt for unique ones to add to the collection. While at Land of Nod on Friday, I picked up "Noodle" a story about a wiener dog which I'm sure John Connor will grow to appreciate and these rascals steal his cookies and nip at his pant legs over the years.
Today I interviewed an amazing second-grade teacher Tom Potter who is retiring after 37 years of teaching. He had an amazing collection of books, and as I was leaving he gave me one of his favorites "Mary Had a Little Ham." The story of Mary who takes her talented pig to broadway where he stars in many productions. It is so ridiculously cute I can't stand it!
1 comment:
Do you have "Make Way for Ducklings" yet? Carter Anne loved this one well before she could really understand it, and now that she finally gets it, it is still a favorite. Many thanks to YOU--books are truly the perfect gift!
Post a Comment