Sunday, June 21, 2009

New York, New York

Mark's work kept him in New Jersey Mon-Fri this week, so instead of him flying home to Chicago, I met him in NYC for a weekend of fun. We had the most amazing time and didn't waste a waking moment.

Friday night: After I flew in and got freshened up at the hotel, we went to sheeshy sheeshy DB for dinner - a French restaurant on 44th St. It was amazing food. Organic Chicken, delicious wine. So after our "big time" experience, we then decided to be chuckle heads and go to Dave and Busters in Time Sq. for some skee ball. It was total random and pretty ghetto, but we had a blasty.







Saturday daytime: Mark and I took the subway down to Battery Park and hopped on a ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Ellis Island was amazing. You could just feel the energy of the people who once came through there. It was amazing to see what these people went through just for freedom and opportunity.













Saturday night: We had a delicious dinner at Vento in the meatpacking district. We then went to the Irish Rep. Theater to see "The Rivalry" and amazing play about the Lincoln/Douglas debates over slavery. It was amazing. Great acting. After the show we caught a cab back to our hotel for a glass of wine at Bar 10. The Rays baseball team was staying at our hotel, and if I had any idea who all of them were I would have tried to get some autographs because they were all in the bar drinking. They all had the "baseball" look. Also, right outside our hotel Tina Fey and Steve Carrell were filming the movie "Date Night"









Sunday: We slept in, grabbed some lunch and did some brooks brothers shopping for Mark. The rain stopped for the afternoon, so we enjoyed walking around Rockefeller Center, Park Avenue and more. I enjoyed visiting my own "Christie's"...


4 comments:

pjtog said...

Wow, what a weekend!!!! That was almost magical. I love the pic in front of Christie's. Did you say hi to Matt and Ann and Merideth and Al??? Oh wait, today is Sunday.

Juliette said...

very cool. you guys are totally ballers now.

Megs said...

OMG this all looks so fun! I am very jealous!

Steve & Jenn Barlow said...

I want to go to New York!