Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pure Americana in Hinsdale

Wow we just got back from the most wonderful 4th of July weekend ever. I took way too many pictures, so bare with me here. We'll break it into two different posts. We started the day off with brunch at Congresswoman Judy Biggert's home. Mark walked in the parade with several of her supporters, and I chose to hang on the parade route and get some photos. All I can say about Hinsdale on the 4th is it doesn't get any more picture perfect. Hundreds of families all decked out in red, white and blue all sharing in front yard parties complete with bloody marys and home made waffles. It was sooo cute and the parade was even better. More than 10 bands, members of all the military branches, the high school football team and cheerleaders, dancers, animals, mini ponies with cute kids riding them, the works. I took way too many pictures, so I'm trying to post just the highlights. Regardless, this parade solidified us staying in Hinsdale for the long term. We LOVE this place.

























No comments: